Thursday, November 29, 2012

Week After My Hysterectomy Part 1

I think I'm doing pretty good with the recovery process!  I'm up and around and just about everything is working fine.  Maybe a little pain here and there but hey I've given birth to 3 kids and if I can handle that I definitely can deal with this!

On November 21 I went in for a hysterectomy because I needed one.  I won't go into any gory details just know I needed this surgery BAD!  Anyways, the Doctors wanted to do a laparoscopic hysterectomy but guess when they tried it was a no go so cut me open was the next option, ugh.  The recovery time is longer this way and I'm sure now I will never ever wear a bikini, LOL!  No worries I never was anyways.  Oh well however it got done- I'm alive and guess what NO MORE PERIODS for me, baby!  I love this and know it's going to change my life.

For the past year I  could hardly get out of bed for the week of my period and the PAIN...OMG really that was too much for me to handle.  I was going to get addicted to something real soon if the pain wasn't going to go away.  So this operation came at the perfect time.

Perfect timing for my health but NOT perfect timing for my family.  The day before Thanksgiving is when I go into hospital.  My hubby stepped up and made the family a great dinner plus they had neighbors show up with goodies.  I had a gross meal but hey I don't really remember it because I was on some STRONG drugs.  I didn't want the kids to see me with tubes all over me but it was the holiday week and everyone was busy.  I didn't want to be alone either.  They came up everyday and were troopers.  My son texted me all day every day!  He kept telling me I need to fart so I can come home.  Wish I never told him that.  He was awesome.  My daughter well this spooked her but she stayed strong for her mama!  Proud of that one!

I wanted to come home so bad that I did whatever it took to get the heck out of there.  They needed me to pass gas so I was up walking every hour.  I sat in the chair most of the day- did everything they asked.  The nurses smiled and laughed a lot with me so I don't think I was a difficult patient.  On the 3rd day I asked the Dr's if I could go home- they ohh'd and aww'd but I gave them that smile and told them I would be on my best behavior.  So within a hour I was released!!!  Woohoo I get to go home.

I'll write PART 2 tomorrow :)
About The Author
Share This


Neisa on November 30, 2012 at 8:23 AM said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. Sorry you had to miss Thanksgiving.

Pam Allen on November 30, 2012 at 8:37 AM said...

Thank you Neisa!!! I plan to male up for it on Christmas dinner :) When I got home I did have awesome turkey sandwich so that worked :)

Please Share

Blog Design by Cutesy Couture Designs